Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ministries


Last Sunday Josephine Lungu and I conducted a communication workshop for the 10:00 choir at St. Ignatius. The choir is one of the gifts of the parish, but the members have been struggling with some issues. The pastor asked that we give a workshop to help the choir identify and address the issues. We met at Luwisha House at the JCTR (Jesuit Center for Theological Reflection) con-ference room for six hours of hard and intense work. I think that we were able to help them identify the issues and to see where they need to do additional work. It was a good experience, and I was able to tell them that Joy Sherman and the SU choirs had them in mind. The Zambian choir just produced a CD and I will bring it home to share with others. We had 30 of the 40 attend the workshop and I believe that they are committed to working together in this important ministry.
This coming Sunday, Josephine and I will do our final workshop. We will repeat some aspects of the spiritual leadership workshop for younger members of the Christian Life Communities. I think that they are wise to encourage young people to take leadership positions in the Church.
Tonight we have a community gathering to discuss ministry in Malawi. The Jesuits want to expand their presence in the country and are considering the various options. Peter Bwanali, the Provincial is from Malawi, as is the Rector of the Arrupe College in Zimbabwe. I will be a note-taker.

No comments: