Saturday, October 27, 2007

Getting Ready


I am looking forward to the new experience in Zambia. The Zambia reality will be so different from the Seattle reality. I am going from a country that has very high livability to a country that is among fifteen countries at the bottom of the livability rankings. I know that I am going to be given more than I can ever hope to give. I want the grace to be open to the experience and to learn and allow it to touch my life.


I will have access to the internet while I am in Lusaka, so you can reach me there. I will be updating the log from the parish. I am also on Skype which allows for inexpensive communication from the computer to computer or even to land or mobile lines.


I am arriving at the beginning of the wet season which will bring new growth, some muggy days, bugs and the need for afternoon umbrellas. I have been watching the weather and it has been in the mid 80's for the last weeks. I was told that I did not need to bring warm clothing, but it would be good to have an umbrella.


On Tuesday afternoon, I will board British Air for the Seattle - Heathrow leg. I have a six hour lay over at Heathrow and then fly direct to Lusaka arriving on Thursday morning. Start to finish it will be a trip through nine time zones and take about twenty four hours with the lay-over.


No comments: