Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas in Zambia


Merry Christmas from Zambia! It is now Christmas Eve morning and while the day will be quiet, it means we are getting ready for the liturgies. During the Christmas Eve Mass more than twenty adults will be received into the Church. I know that the Church will be packed for all the liturgies. One of the gifts of being in Zambia is to experience the vibrancy of the faith.
Please know that I will be remembering my friends and remembering all the people, communities and places where I have celebrated Christmas Mass in the past: Sacred Heart in Bellevue, Jesuit High in Portland, St. Charles in Salmon and the times with families and friends.
I pray that the birth of Christ will bring greater peace to our world. At each Mass in Zambia, the community joins the priest for the prayer before the greeting of peace. May you know peace and may we all work to make our world more peaceable.

No comments: